The saying “No news is good news” would probably make your day if you are a fugitive on the FBI’s 10 Most Wanted List. But law-abiding and concerned FGC members welcome information that is relevant to where they live. So, while the news drought continues at the co-op, your resident historian is taking the opportunity to provide some FGC trivia.
If you are a veteran FGC member you can probably answer many of the questions below lickety-split. Members who joined the co-op after the conversation can use this Q&A quiz to learn some of FGC’s history. Challenge yourself by making a good effort to answer the questions before you look at the answers.
- What Reality Company managed Florian Gardens before tenants purchased it and who was the property manager?
- The first FGC newsletter, pecked out on an IBM Correcting Selectric typewriter and distributed door-to-door, was published prior to the purchase of the FGC property. In what year was the first FGC newsletter published?
- Name the first two people from Project WISH who served as consultants to guide FGC through the purchasing process.
- Name of the well-liked, Fourth District Police Officer who helped FGC form a Neighborhood Watch group in 1986.
- Name the first president of the Florian Gardens Tenants Association (Note – the Tenants Association, not the Co-op.)
- Name the high-profile Chairwoman of the Kenilworth Parkside Management Corporation who addressed Florian Garden’s general meeting in November 1986.
- Originally only two of FGC’s buildings had laundry rooms. Which building did not have a laundry room until after the co-op was renovated?
- What month and year were the kitchens in each unit completed gutted and in-place renovation begun?
- Washington Reality Company and Braxton Young
- April 1988
- Paul Battle and Martha Davis (later joined by Linda Leaks and Rozanne Look)
- Officer Eartha Hicks
- Derrick Williams
- Kimi Gray
- August 1990
NOTE: If you enjoy reading this blog and would like to read more commentaries by the author visit http://www.potpourri101.com