THIS PAGE WILL PROVIDE PERIODIC UPDATES ON THE PROGRESS AND STATUS OF THE PLANNED WALMART.
Watch a video tour of the Walmart planned for Georgia Avenue.
September 13, 2012
- Representatives from Foulger-Pratt and Walmart will be meeting with our entire membership on 9-20-2012 to address your concerns.
- Today developers removed one of the small Elm trees located near the curb cut at the northeast end of the FGC building closest to the Walmart site. All trees behind the trash containers and along the retaining wall will also be removed.
September 12, 2012
- Today FGC board members met with representatives of Walmart and Foulger-Pratt to discuss the Existing Conditions Survey and other issues relevant to the upcoming construction activities.
- FP workers began removal of a portion of the Jersey Wall to decrease problems with traffic flow.
September 10, 2012
- It appears that everything is back on track with the Walmart development. Plans are underway to have representatives from Foulger-Pratt and Walmart meet with the co-op membership to provide a status update and answer your questions regarding the project. A notice will be posted (in-house) advising FGC members of the date and time of the planned meeting.
September 6, 2012
- A portion of the Jersey Wall (concrete barriers) and the fence installed today will be repositioned tomorrow to relieve some of the traffic problems that have resulted since the structure was erected last month.
- A Super Silt Fence is being installed to provide reinforcement against water runoff onto FGC and other properties adjacent to the Walmart site.
Keep watching this space for updates.